I have now moved to the University of Manchester
or alternatively take a look at the official page
Email me at alexis.boukouvalas at gmail.com to get in touch.
My research interests lie in the area of non-parameteric Bayesian modelling of random output computer models and complex data. I am interested in the development and application of Gaussian Processes, Dirichlet Process Mixtures and other Bayesian nonparametric methods on real-world data sets.
Peer reviewed publications
See Google scholar
or Research gate
pages as well.
- Raykov, Y. P., Boukouvalas, A. and Little, M. A., Simple approximate MAP Inference for Dirichlet processes, Technical report on arxiv.
- Boukouvalas, A., Sykes, P., Cornford, C., Maruri-Aguilar H., Bayesian Precalibration of a Large Stochastic Microsimulation Model, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 2014, In press available here. Supplementary Material.
- Boukouvalas, A., Gosling, J. P., Maruri-Aguilar, H., An efficient screening method for computer experiments, Technometrics, 2013, Available here.
- Boukouvalas, A., Cornford, D. Stehlík, M., Optimal design for correlated processes with input-dependent noise, Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, 2013, ISSN 0167-9473, available here. Supplementary material available here. Full technical report also available.
- Brownlie, K., Fox, C. G., Schneider, C., Boukouvalas, A., Culliford, R., Willan, C. & Maidment, I., Medication reconciliation by a pharmacy technician in a mental health assessment unit, 2013, International journal of clinical pharmacy.
- Boukouvalas, A., Cornford, D., Singer, A., Managing Uncertainty in Complex Stochastic Models: Design and Emulation of a Rabies Model. 6th St. Petersburg Workshop on Simulation, pp 839-841, (2009). pdf.
- My PhD thesis on "Emulation of Random Output Simulators" is available here.
- 2014-2015: NHS Regional Capacity Management Team (RCMT) grant "Demand forecasting for Emergency Departments". Aim of the project is to develop accurate probabilistic forecasts of arrivals, admissions and discharges to accident and emergency for hospitals sites across the West Midlands that can be used operationally by the NHS RCMT team.
- 2014: NCSML PDRA Challenge Award for "Bayesian nonparametrics for longitudinal data: A predictive study of the temporal progression of Alzheimer’s disease" with Sara Wade
Peer reviewed poster presentations
- Carol Holland, Alexis Boukouvalas, Stuart Wallis, Danielle Clarkesmith, Leanne Liddell. "The role of autobiographical memory in mediating between underlying cognition and outcome functional limitations and independence in older adults." Presented at Cognitive Aging Conference 2014, Atlanta, USA, April 2014.
- Mohamed Sakel, Alexis Boukouvalas. Ian Maidment. Maliha Moten, Farhat Mirza, George Fox, "Does Anticholinergics Drugs Burden Relates To Global Neuro-disability Outcome Measures And Length Of Hospital Stay." Accepted in 91st American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine (ACRM) conference, Toronto, October, 2014.
- Yordan Raykov, Alexis Boukouvalas, Max Little, "Maximum-A-Posteriori Inference for Dirichlet Process Mixtures", presented at the NCSML workshop on Big Data, Big Models, it is a Big Deal, September 1-2, 2014.
- Boukouvalas, A. and Cornford, D., Experimental Design for Heteroscedastic Gaussian Process Emulators. Accepted for poster presentation at the Machine Learning Summer School, Cambridge, (2009). pdf
- Boukouvalas, A., Cornford, D., Maniyar, D. M. and A. Singer, Gaussian process emulation of stochastic models: developments and application to rabies modelling. Accepted for poster presentation at the Royal Statistical Society Conference, Nottingham, (2008). pdf
- Boukouvalas, A., Cornford, D. and Stehlik, M., Notes on Optimal Design for Correlated processes with input-dependent noise, NCRG Technical Report, Aston University (2013). pdf
- Boukouvalas, A., Gosling, J.P. and Maruri-Aguilar, H., An efficient screening method for computer experiments. NCRG Technical Report, Aston University (2010). pdf
- Boukouvalas, A., Cornford, D. and Stehlik, M., Approximately Optimal Experimental Design for Heteroscedastic Gaussian Process Models, NCRG Technical Report, Aston University (2009). pdf
- Boukouvalas, A. and Cornford, D., Learning Heteroscedastic Gaussian Processes for Complex Datasets. NCRG Technical Report, Aston University (2009). pdf
- Boukouvalas, A. and Cornford, D., Dimension Reduction for Multivariate Emulation. NCRG Technical Report, Aston University (2008). pdf
- Boukouvalas, A., and Cornford, D., Screening strategies for high dimensional spaces.. NCRG Technical Report, Aston University (2007). pdf
- Boukouvalas, A., Maniyar, D. M. and Cornford, D., Dimensionality Reduction in Complex Models. NCRG Technical Report, Aston University (2007). pdf
- Carol Holland, Alexis Boukouvalas, Stuart Wallis, Danielle Clarkesmith, Richard Cooke, Leanne Liddell, Amanda Kay. "The role of a health and wellbeing intervention in supported senior living environments on autobiographical specificity and its correlates: first transitions in a longitudinal study." Presented at the British Society of Gerontology Annual Conference, September 2014.
- Hugo Maruri-Aguilar gave a talk on our joint work on Sequential screening with elementary effects at the "Accelerating Industrial Productivity via Deterministic Computer Experiments & Stochastic Simulation" conference (2011).
My Curriculum Vitae can be found here
I am or have been involved in the following projects: